HPE ProLiant DL580 Gen9 Server
The four-socket standard for data-intensive workloads
Answer key business challenges
Commanding performance and rock-solid resiliency at a lower total cost of ownership
Key features and benefits
Commanding performance and breakthrough scalability for your most demanding applications
• HPE 25 Gigabit Ethernet (25 GbE) Network Adapters have the breakthrough performance you need at 2.5X increase over previous generation 10 GbE and a lower overall cost for scalability to 100 Gbps.
• HP Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 2.0 prevents unauthorized access to servers and securely store artifacts used to authenticate
the server platforms.
Leading x86 availability and rock-solid reliability your business can depend on
• Enjoy increased system availability and lower service requirements with comprehensive fault management and diagnostics.
• Improve reliability and data protection with HPE Smart Array Controllers featuring HPE Secure Encryption and Advanced Data Mirroring.
• Increase security with four new levels of Secure Boot with support for Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) mode.3
• Integrate performance, uptime, and productivity into a personalized, simplified support experience with HPE Proactive Care Support Services.
Compelling agility and efficiencies for scale-up environments
• Reduce your cooling expenses with supported ASHRAE A3 and A4 configurations.4
• Lower power costs with high-efficiency redundant HPE Common Slot Power Supplies providing up to 94 percent efficiency (Platinum Plus), and infrastructure power efficiencies with -48 VDC input voltages and support for HPE Power Discovery Services.
• Enhance efficiency with customer-inspired features such as front-access processor/ memory drawer for ease of serviceability, hot pluggable fans and drives, optional SID for health and monitoring of components, and Quick Reference Code for quick access to
Agile infrastructure management for accelerating IT service delivery
• Enjoy faster, lower-cost infrastructure management and a single integrated view of your IT infrastructure with HPE OneView.
• Monitor infrastructure health and manage support more easily with HPE Insight Online.
• Configure in UEFI boot mode, provision local and remote with Intelligent Provisioning and Scripting Toolkits.
• Deploy, monitor, and support your server remotely, out of band with HPE Integrated Lights-Out (iLO) embedded management.
• Optimize firmware and driver updates and reduce downtime with Smart Update.
1 Intel® measurements. Baseline 4x Intel Xeon processor E7-8890 v3 compared to E7-8890 v4 both with 32x (Intel C++/Fortran Compiler 14.1 STREAM) or 64x (Oracle 12c OLTP) DDR4-1600 16 GB DIMMs. Intel Performance Projections as of December 2015.
2 Based on HPE internal calculations. Based on comparing the difference of DDR4 DIMMs of 1,866 vs. 1,600 MHz on gen-to-gen HPE servers, May 2015.
3 Secure Boot authentication inclusive of all UEFI drivers, any UEFI applications, OS Bootloaders, and Linux® Kernel Modules. Hewlett Packard Labs, Houston, TX, July 2014.
4 See hpe.com/servers/ASHRAE for more details.