HPE ProLiant DL180 Gen9 Server
The new standard for growing data center needs
Meets the needs of SMB and budget-conscious data centers
For years, the HPE ProLiant DL180 Server (formerly the DL380e Gen8 Server) has met the needs of small- to medium-sized businesses (SMBs), large enterprises, and service providers alike. And with the Gen9 release, this server platform is even better.
By including the optimal combination of performance and affordability—coupled with a broad rangeof storage drive configurations and options—HPE ProLiant DL180 Gen9 Server delivers the flexibility and scalability you need for the varied demands of 2U rack deployments and applications.
So if your SMB or enterprise is looking for affordability, flexibility, and growth options—delivered in a single server with a balanced design—then the HPE ProLiant DL180 Gen9 Server is the right choice.
Ideal for your storage needs
A variety of storage configurations and options—enhanced by a choice of storage
controllers—enables this server to support a wide range of storage workloads. You can use the DL180 Gen9 Server for small to medium databases, file serving, Windows® storage, and even the most demanding Big Data applications like Apache™ Hadoop®, which require the right mix of compute and storage.
Designed for scalability, high availability, and efficiency
With workload-optimized processors, 16 DIMM slots, 92 percent efficient power supply,
ASHRAE A3/A41 compliance (for higher ambient temperature support), optional FlexibleLOM capability, and redundancy features, the ProLiant DL180 Gen9 Server offers the scalability and high availability required for growing workloads—making it a perfect match for virtualization and hyperscale environments.
The simple and compact design provides features that are easy to configure and use, as well as enhanced efficiency and agility with HPE Infrastructure management. The result—accelerated IT service delivery.
Is the HPE ProLiant DL20 Gen9 Server right for my business?
• Small and midsize businesses—Reduce costs and increase simplicity with preloaded ClearOS so you can spend more time working on your business
than on IT.
• Enterprises—Tap into performance, data protection, and ease of use that is suitable for small-to-medium workloads in an “install anywhere” compact server at a competitive price point.
• Tier 2 and 3 service providers—Scale out quickly and affordably to respond to changing business needs. The rack now provides cheaper drive options for environments requiring an affordable solution that can be easily ripped and replaced.
1 See hp.com/servers/ASHRAE for details
Up to 2 Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v3/v4 Series, 4/6/8/10/12/14/16/18 Cores, PCIe 3.0, up to 6 available slot(s)
HPE SmartMemory (16) DDR4, up to 2400 MHz (1 TB max)
Standard HPE Dynamic Smart Array B140i, optional HPE Smart Array Controllers, and HPE Smart HBAs via PCIe stand-up cards
HPE DL/ML/SL 96 W Smart Storage Battery to support the standup controllers
16 SFF/12 LFF max, HDD/SSD, M.2 enabled
Embedded 2x 1GbE, optional FlexibleLOM slot on riser
1 VGA, 0 Serial, 4 USB 3.0, 1 microSD, Dual microSD optional
Single-Wide and Active (1)
UEFI and Legacy BIOS
HPE OneView with HPE iLO Advanced
HPE Insight Online with enhanced mobile application
HPE iLO 4, HPE Intelligent Provisioning, HP SUM, HPE RESTful Interface Tool, HPE Scripting Tools for Microsoft® Windows Server® PowerShell
Up to 92 percent efficient (80 PLUS gold certified), 550 W multi-output, 900 W non-RPS
Hot swap fans with optional redundancy
Power and cooling
ASHRAE A3 and A4, 1 ENERGY STAR®
Location Discovery Serivces
Rack (2U), 23.9" (SFF), 23.9" (LFF)
Form factor/chassis depth
Serviceability - easy install rails
• Our Consulting services provide advice and guidance to safely move your workloads to newer
• HPE implementation and installation services enable faster, more reliable startup of your new
ProLiant Gen9 servers, and our support portfolio allows you to get connected and get back to
• We recommend HPE Proactive Care for ProLiant Gen9 servers to prevent issues and resolve
problems quickly and efficiently.
• HPE Foundation Care provides a choice of coverage levels and response times for hardware
and software support.
• HPE Datacenter Care enables you to operate and evolve your IT environment at a lower cost
and with more agility, including our Flexible Capacity Service to acquire IT without impacting
• Our support technology lets you tap into the knowledge of millions of devices and thousands
of experts to stay informed and in control, anywhere, any time.