HPE ProLiant DL160 Gen9 Server
Right-size performance, storage for space-constrained environments
Addresses the business needs of SMBs
Even though budgetary pressures force small-to medium-sized businesses (SMBs) to
do more with fewer resources, many companies continue to look for new ways to grow their businesses and remain competitive in today’s evolving business environment. To meet those goals, SMBs need an IT infrastructure that is quick to set up and easy to maintain. They also need scalable solutions that can grow right along with their businesses. Ideally, they want “everything IT” converged into a single platform.
SMBs can get what they need with the HPE ProLiant DL160 Gen9 Server—a fully integrated platform designed to perform and scale. Offering standard HPE Integrated Lights-Out (iLO) capabilities for simplified IT infrastructure management, 16 slots for DDR4 memory, eight drives, and two standard NIC ports, HPE ProLiant DL160 Gen9 Server offers the ideal set of features for meeting SMBs’ everyday business needs. And with the DL160 Gen9 Servers’ built-in virtualization features, server, and storage utilization increases, and IT infrastructure runs more efficiently at a lower cost. HPE ProLiant DL160 Gen9 Server enables SMBs to start small, and scale easily and cost-effectively, as their businesses grow.
Meets the requirements of service providers
Faced with an ever-growing customer base, service providers need an agile IT infrastructure that scales readily and consumes minimal space and energy. And to support today’s mega data-centric trends—Big Data and cloud computing—service providers need to optimize their IT environments and move to a distributed computing model where servers are deployed as compute nodes, network nodes, and database nodes.
With 16 DIMM slots, 92 percent efficient power supply, ASHRAE A3/A41 compliance (for higher ambient temperature support), dense 2P/1U design, and optional FlexibleLOM capability, the ProLiant DL160 Gen9 Server enables service providers to minimize the operational costs of energy and space—making it a perfect match for today’s hyperscale environments.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Services
Let Hewlett Packard Enterprisehelp guide you and your business through the rapidly changing IT landscape. HPE Technology Services delivers confidence, reduces risk, and helps you realize greater agility and stability.
Is the HPE ProLiant DL20 Gen9 Server right for my business?
• Small and midsize businesses—Reduce costs and increase simplicity with preloaded ClearOS so you can spend more time working on your business
than on IT.
• Enterprises—Tap into performance, data protection, and ease of use that is suitable for small-to-medium workloads in an “install anywhere” compact server at a competitive price point.
• Tier 2 and 3 service providers—Scale out quickly and affordably to respond to changing business needs. The rack now provides cheaper drive options for environments requiring an affordable solution that can be easily ripped and replaced.
1 See hp.com/servers/ASHRAE for details
Up to 2 Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v3/v4 Series, 4/6/8/10/12/14/16/18 cores PCIe 3.0, up to 3 available slot(s)
HPE SmartMemory (16) DDR4, up to 2400 by 1 TB max at launch), support for NVDIMM (third-party)
Standard HPE Dynamic Smart Array B140i, optional HPE Smart Array Controllers, and HPE Smart HBA via PCIe
8 SFF/4 LFF max, HDD/SSD, M.2 enabled
Embedded 2x 1GbE, optional FlexibleLOM slot on riser
Rear video, 3x USB 3.0 and 1x USB 2.0 (std), 1x USB 3.0 (opt of SFF models), microSD, Dual microSD optional
UEFI and Legacy BIOS
HPE OneView with HPE iLO Advanced
HPE Insight Online with enhanced mobile application
HPE iLO 4, Intelligent Provisioning, SUM, RESTful Interface Tool, Scripting Tools for Microsoft® Windows Server® PowerShell
Power and cooling
Up to 92 percent efficient (80 PLUS gold certified) 550 W multi-output1 , 900 W RPS Hot swap fans with optional redundancy
ASHRAE A3 and A4,1 ENERGY STAR®
Rack (1U), 23.9” (SFF), 23.9” (LFF)
Form factor/chassis depth
Serviceability - easy install rails
• Our consulting services provide advice and guidance to safely move your workloads to newer technologies.
• HPE implementation and installation services enable faster, more reliable startup of your new ProLiant Gen9 servers, and our support portfolio allows you to get connected and get back to business fast.
• We recommend HPE Proactive Care for ProLiant Gen9 servers to prevent issues and resolve problems quickly and efficiently.
• HPE Foundation Care provides a choice of coverage levels and response times for hardware and software support.
• HPE Datacenter Care enables you to operate and evolve your IT environment at a lower cost and with more agility, including our Flexible Capacity Service to acquire IT without impacting capital budget.
• Our support technology lets you tap into the knowledge of millions of devices and thousands of experts to stay informed and in control, anywhere, any time.