HPE RDX Removable Disk Backup System
HPE RDX Removable Disk Backup System is a disk-based back up and recovery solution with critical security layers, unmatched portability, fast recovery and easy integration into any small business environment. Its also rugged, removable, easy-to-use, and cost effective for remote or branch office locations, small offices or home offices with little or no IT resources. HPE RDX works exceptionally well in harsh work environments where businesses need to protect, manage, transport or capture large amounts of data in less than ideal locations.
HPE RDX 3TB cartridge and backup systems offer the highest available RDX capacity on the market today, increasing backup and recovery 50% over the previous available 2TB capacity..
There is a choice of disk capacities ranging from 500GB, 1TB, 2TB and now 3TB
• Hardware read-only option preventing data from being accidently erased
• Low power ruggedized design offers flexibility to plug it in anywhere and feel confident the data is always available and safe
• Cartridge style hard drive has a 97% survival rate compared to 0% for ordinary USB drives in a independent drop test.
• Built in static protection eliminates server or workstation failures due to statically charged peripherals
• Ability to recover quickly with disk to disk backup performance reaching speeds of up to 360 GB/hr.
• Supports drag and drop file access making backup as simple and convenient as the click of the mouse.
• No need to worry about backups being larger than disk space, with disk spanning just add cartridges during the backup process, dynamically increasing the backup.
• Inner buffers built into the system lower disk drive vibration, increasing read/write disk performance.
• Hewlett Packard Enterprise qualified and tested, making it easy to integrate into your server storage and networking environments.
• Internal dock option makes it easy to configure with ProLiant and StoreEver products
The simple way toprotect your business data
• Drag and drop file access makes backup as easy and convenient as the click of a mouse
• Use with software of your choice or in fixed-disk mode
• Less time spent on backups with fast disk based file transfer/retrieval performance
• Flexibility to meet budget and capacity requirements with choice of cartridge capacities
• Usage model fits traditional backup architecture (e.g. ISV software) if required
Reduces total cost of protecting your business data
• Long usage life span of cartridges lowers media replacement costs
• No need to replace docking station when future higher capacity cartridges are available
Simply and securely
store backups off-site for complete data protection
• Portable/durable disk cartridges enable easy off site archiving and disaster recovery
• Rugged cartridge protects data from drops, ESD and harsh environmental conditions for secure archiving/transportation/archiving
• Plug and play USB dock allows flexible media rotation and easy future scalability
Combines the best of tape and disk
The HPE RDX Removable Disk Backup System is based on removable disk technology that handles and operates like a traditional tape drive and media, yet has all of the advantages of disk-to-disk backup. The HPE RDX Removable Disk Backup System allows backups to be accomplished with standard ISV backup applications, fixed disk mode, or data can be dragged and dropped directly to the rugged removable storage media. To the host computer, the HPE RDX Removable Disk Cartridge appears as a Windows drive letter with the high performance benefits of a disk based backup system.
Easy to implement and use
Many small business customers have limited time, knowledge, experience or desire to dedicate to backup and therefore currently have no or very rudimentary backup processes in place. The HPE RDX Removable Disk Backup System offers these customers a complete backup solution that is simple to implement and easy to use.
Installation is an easy and quick process of connecting the industry standard form factor HPE RDX Removable Disk Backup System USB docking station or externally as a tabletop.
Backing up is a simple matter of inserting a removable disk cartridge into the docking station. The cartridge will automatically show up as a letter drive in Windows explorer with no extra formatting or extra steps required. Simply select the files that need to be protected and drag them into the removable drive folder. To restore files, just reverse the process.
HPE RDX USB 3.0 Removable Disk Backup Systems can also operate in a “Fixed Disk” mode. This allows Windows Operating Systems to view HPE RDX/RDX+ USB 3.0 drives as a valid disk target, allowing the drives to be used with integrated Windows Backup Applications (rather than requiring third party software). Details of operation can be found in the HPE RDX Utility software.
Fast backup and restore
Staff productivity and thus customer service can be negatively impacted by the lengthening backup window and restore/recovery times associated with optical backup solutions. The HPE RDX Removable Disk Backup System provides a backup solution that backs up and retrieves data quickly and reliably thus optimizing application availability and staff productivity.
Data can be backed up to HPE RDX Removable Disk Cartridges at hard drive speeds (up to 360 GB/hour). HPE RDX Removable Disk Cartridges are randomly accessed and read so critical single files and selected file stores can be restored in seconds instead of hours.
Affordable cost of ownership
Many small business customers have limited IT budget available for data protection with business owners wanting to reduce IT capital and operational expenditure and protect IT investments to optimize business profitability. The HPE RDX Removable Disk Backup System provides a complete backup solution that has low initial acquisition costs and low on-going media and upgrade costs.
Total cost of ownership is lowered by the fact that HPE RDX Removable Disk Cartridges are specified for 5,000 insertion/removal cycles, so HPE RDX Removable Disk Cartridges will not wear out (and therefore need to be replaced) over the typical life cycle of the solution. Upgrade and obsolescence costs are also reduced and investment protection guaranteed by the fact that HPE RDX Removable Disk Backup System docking stations are compatible with all current and future higher capacity HPE RDX Removable Disk Cartridges. Customers will not need to purchase a new docking station when next generation higher capacity HPE RDX Removable Disk Cartridges are released. Similarly, today's HPE RDX Removable Disk Cartridges are compatible with all current and future HPE RDX and HPE RDX docking stations. Customer's existing HPE RDX Removable Disk Cartridges will work with next generation HPE RDX docking stations when they are released.
QuickSpecs HPE RDX Removable Disk Backup System
Removability and portability
To ensure complete data protection against all types of data loss - including on-site system/site destruction or natural disaster - small businesses need the ability to remove their backup and archive data off-site. The HPE RDX Removable Disk Backup System provides a backup solution that enables on-site backup data to be removed, stored and rotated off-site in an easy, safe and secure way.
HPE RDX Removable Disk Cartridges are portable (palm size), durable (2.5 inch disk drive features include ramp loading heads, fluid dynamic bearings, inactive state spin down) and rugged. The robust HPE RDX Removable Disk Cartridge is also designed to protect data from potentially damaging Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) and as well as prolonged exposure to heat, dust and other environmental contaminants.
The HPE RDX Removable Disk Backup System provides a docking station specified for more than 10,000 loads and unloads and an HPE RDX cartridge specified for over 5,000 load and unloads and long life expectancy.
Easy scalability and expandability
Many growing small businesses are experiencing storage capacity growth that is outstripping the capacity/performance of current optical backup solutions. The HPE RDX Removable Disk Backup System provides a backup solution that scales easily as capacity needs grow. Adding capacity is a simple matter of adding cartridges to an existing HPE RDX Removable Disk Backup System USB docking station. The HPE RDX Removable Disk Backup System docking Station will work with all current as well future higher capacity cartridges as they are introduced. The product's roadmap leverages the industry standard mobile 2.5" hard disk drive roadmaps with new higher capacity cartridges expected to be introduced regularly.