Meet data protection and storage challenges head-on
What if your storage gave you improved performance, smoother manageability, and better data security? With seven generations of Linear Tape-Open (LTO) technology backing, storing up to 15 TB per cartridge (compressed), HPE StoreEver LTO Ultrium Tape Drives are just what you need. Integrated with HPE TapeAssure for manageability, hardware data encryption, and HPE StoreOpen with Linear Tape File System (LTFS) for ease of use, HPE StoreEver LTO Ultrium Tape Drives enable better data security and faster tape performance, so you get centralized management, easier administrative control, and cost-effective data protection, every day.
HPE StoreEver LTO Ultrium Tape Drives are essential for a good disaster recovery plan and as key media for archiving. The portability of tape allows it to be easily and safely stored offsite. Tape provides the last line of defense against virus, fire, floods, hackers, human error, software bugs, and replicated errors that could otherwise put data at risk.
As Businesses understand that storing, securing, and repurposing data assets are fundamental to their success, the position of tape as the ideal low-cost data archiving solution is being strengthened. Tape media is financially viable, and its long shelf life makes it the smarter medium for long-term storage that helps meet regulatory compliance. The adoption of LTO with LTFS is increasing rapidly in the media and entertainment industry, healthcare and medical imaging, video surveillance, and high-performance computing environments.
HPE-branded LTO Ultrium media enhances performance reliably. Our cartridges pass exhaustive laboratory tests that go beyond the requirements of industry standard logo specifications. Our goal is to provide greater quality for backup and archiving operations and, for restoring your data when you need it most.
Key features and benefits
Designed for long-term, durable data protection, and including a number of unique HPE reliability features, HPE StoreEver LTO Ultrium Tape Drives offer:
Outstanding capacity and performance with monitoring and management capabilities and hardware encryption by:
• Providing up to 15 TB of compressed capacity on a single cartridge
• Offering up to 300 MB/sec native data transfer rate to enable smoother performance for even the tightest backup window
• Providing users with the ability to use standard file operations on tape media for accessing, managing, and sharing files with an interface that behaves just like a hard disk because HPE StoreOpen with LTFS makes tape self-describing, file-based, and easy to use
• Allowing the switch from reactive to proactive management with HPE TapeAssure that monitors drive and media utilization operational performance, and life/health information for drive and media
• Providing highest level of security with hardware data encryption to secure confidential information and addresses compliance quickly, with fewer cartridges
Premium technology for enhanced reliability with:
• Improved uncorrected error rate with LTO-7 to less than 1 error in 1019 bits transferred
• Energy efficiency with the LTO-7 hibernate mode
• Data rate matching for enhanced performance
• Leading Mean-Time-Between-Failure (MTBF) of 250,000 hours at 100 percent duty cycle1
Connectivity and compatibility
• A wide choice of models including internal, external, and rack mount, all with SAS interface, and wide connectivity to server platform including vendors such as Dell, IBM, and Sun Software compatibility includes an extensive list of supported backup and archiving software
applications from HPE, CA, VERITAS
Complete solution straight out-of-the-box
• Provides a complete solution to protect your data with HPE LTO media, cleaning cartridges (with full height drives), and the option to download a free copy of Yosemite Server Backup Basic software with support for hardware data encryption, cables, and documentation
• Offers a secure method for archiving records with WORM data protection capability to help meet industry compliance regulations